Just some thoughts after a weekend trip to St. Louis, where we saw the Wild lose, 3-2 in the shootout:
1. Thank God for the Budweiser tour. And, the hospitality room afterwards. Thank you, ABInBev.
2. Super Smokers in ex-urban (it's 35 minutes from Scottrade Center) Eureka, near Six Flags Mid-America, really did us proud for dragging our group of six out there on a Sunday afternoon. What a barbecue they whip up for you. If you like real BBQ (good kind, no sauce 'til you put it on) this is the place for you. Dee-licious!
3. I am of the opinion that Drury Hotels should be the 'official fan hotel provider' of the NHL. Gotta love their quality. And, the food that they throw in (full breakfast and snack-type dinner) is a plus for your wallet.
4. Lambert-St. Louis Airport should be condemned. Soon. Get terminals that work, please.
5. Stop rebuilding freeways, MoDOT. Every time I come to St. Louis, I-64 is getting re-done. (Although the new section really is a thing of beauty, if you can call a freeway anything other than an eyesore.)
6. Hopefully the new ownership (whomever that will be) of the Blues will sink a few bucks into Scottrade Center. The old girl is kinda looking down at the heels a bit. And, while you're at it, how about more than 4" of room between my knee and the head of the guy sitting in front of me? (Sometime, I gotta try those club seats, though. They look like someone put a few minutes' thought into making a silk purse out of a sow's ear. And, they might have succeeded.)
Fully enlightened, Nazem Kadri is dreaming big
14 hours ago