Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Why I relaunched M & G

Welcome to the relaunched version of Mileposts and Goalposts!

While there are some minor changes, the largest immediate change here will be the splitting of M & G and the new, more transportation-focused Along the Right of Way (http://alongtherightofway.blogspot.com), which will primarily have the transit/transportation articles which were formerly mixed in with the hockey-related blogs, on the old M & G.

Here are a few reasons I relaunched Mileposts and Goalposts:

1. Not that I didn't enjoy my 20 months at Hitting the Post (I did), but I have been thinking about this since last summer. Since then, Nick Henry, HTP's creative force, who I was asked to fill in for, now has more time to spend on that blog. Three voices on one blog is a lot, especially when two of them are doing nearly daily posting.

2. I have an admission to make. I am a control freak.

I have wanted to have more control over what I put out than what HTP allowed. Not that the HTP format is a bad one, but it is very constraining at times, especially when you think that you have a lot to say. M & G will be my own blog, my own thing, done my way. You, the reader, will determine what you like and/or dislike. (And, I hope you join in and let me know what you like and dislike.)

3. There are a lot of Minnesota Wild-based blogs out there. Maybe not as many as some clubs(Original Six clubs, Vancouver, the Alberta teams) but more than most U.S.-based NHL teams. To be heard in this 'sea of me's', you have to come from somewhere different. I am hoping that the fact that I see the Wild in person up to 50 games a year gives me an edge over other blogs.

4. Some of the things I did at 'HTP' will come over here, such as the Wild post-game summary (although sometimes, this will be the next day; I need to get to sleep sooner after most Wild games), 'This 'n' That', and some new stuff as well, which I will develop in the next few months.

I hope you enjoy the ride! And, if there some things that get lost in the transition, we apologize in advance for forgetting them.

Wild Road Tripper
Creator and Publisher

No comments:

Post a Comment